For the best viewing experience, we recommend viewing our site in Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or Mozilla Firefox 1.5 or higher. Parts of this site also require that you have Macromedia Flash 6.0 or higher browser plug-in installed.
Our site is best viewed at resolutions of 1024 x 768 or higher.
If You Are Using an Apple® Macintosh Computer
1. If you see empty boxes on pages that use Flash 6.0. You will need to uninstall the current version of Flash and reinstall it.
A. Click on this link and follow the directions for the version of the Mac OS that you have http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/playerfaq.htm#remove
B. Close your browser.
C. Run the uninstaller.
D. Follow the prompt to install the Flash player.
2. Some electronic viewable or CD/DVD based files are PC executables (*.exe format) files. These executable files will not operate on the Macintosh platform without special software. To run .exe files on a Macintosh, you must first purchase and install Microsoft Virtual PC and Windows software available from http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/virtualpc/virtualpc.aspx?pid=virtualpc.
Most electronic documents are available for purchase as Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf) files. Only Adobe Acrobat Reader versions 5.0 and higher are fully compatible with all documents and applications available through www.johndeeretechinfo.com. If you are using Acrobat Reader version 4.0 or lower, you may experience problems when viewing some files. If you do not have Acrobat Reader version 5.0 or higher, please follow the instructions to download a compatible version of Acrobat Reader.
1. Click Here or open a new browser window and go to http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
2. From the left side of the page, click on the link for "Text-only download page".
3. Click on a compatible version from the list to begin the download process.
4. Choose "Save" and specify a convenient location.
5. After the file download is complete, open the program to install Adobe Reader following the installer's instructions.
Special Formatting of Hitachi Documents
Most Hitachi document pages are formatted for ISO A4 sized paper. However, documents can be successfully printed on US letter-sized paper by selecting "fit to page" during the printing process. If you order a Hitachi printed document, it will be printed on US letter-sized (8.5” x 11”) paper for orders shipped to North America, and A4 sized paper for orders shipped to Europe and Russia.
For us to keep track of your information during the order process you must:
1. Allow temporary "cookies" to be accepted on your computer.
2. Enable communication with secure servers.
3. Disable any popup blocking software.
NOTE: A cookie is a temporary file stored by the web site on your computer. It contains brief information about your order. Cookies stored will disappear from your computer when you close your Internet browser, or sooner. Enabling communication with secure servers allows the order information you send to be encrypted so that only the bookstore can read it. The bookstore will try to alert you to possible problems with your settings. If you are alerted, or if you experience problems using the bookstore, please check and adjust these settings.
To Enable Cookies in MS Internet Explorer 6.0 for Windows:
1. Click "Tools" in the top menu bar and select "Internet Options" from the drop-down menu to open the Internet Options window.
2. In the Internet Options window, select the "Privacy" tab.
3. Select the “Medium High” setting.
4. Click “Apply”, then “OK” to allow the new settings to take place.
Before you subscribe to or attempt to use Johndeeretechinfo.com , be sure that your computer meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements. Systems not meeting these specifications may experience degraded performance or improper operation. For instructions on identifying what versions of operating system and browser you have on your PC, use your computer operating system help menu.
- Computer: PC with 100% Pentium® compatible processor or better; or Apple® Macintosh® G4 processor or better
- Processor Speed: 133 MHz (1GHz or faster recommended)
- Memory: 64MB minimum (128MB recommended)
- Communication: 56kbps analog modem ( DSL, cable modem or better for online viewing and downloads )
- Operating System: Windows NT 4.0 or better; or Mac OS 9.2 or better
- Acrobat Reader: Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher
- Connection to the Internet
- Communication Speed: Technical information is rich with images that take time to transmit. We suggest you use the fastest communications possible. Johndeeretechinfo.com is compatible with cable modems, DSL, etc.
- Firewalls: All internet connections must be direct or use standard firewall and proxy settings. Corporate and Institutional users may experience communications problems. If you experience problems, contact your internet service provider or computer support group.
- EMail: You must provide a permanent email address to receive important communications. All orders are confirmed via this email address.