Below is a list of the most common topics about this site. The questions and answers for each topic follow.
Please let us know about any questions you have that are not covered below. We'll respond with an answer to your question as quickly as possible.
Logging In, Usernames, Passwords and Security
- Q: I'm having problems logging in as a dealer or employee on my first visit. How do I log in properly?I'm having problems logging in as a John Deere/Hitachi dealer or John Deere employee on my first visit. How do I log in properly?
A: John Deere/Hitachi Dealers or John Deere employees will use their Dealernet or JDnet Username and Password when registering. You must first logout of all John Deere areas before attempting to register for the first time. Enter your usual Username and Password in JD Sign In (SiteMinder) screen and click the Submit button. First time users will automatically go to the Bookstore Registration screen. Once initial registration has been performed, there should no longer be conflicts with other JD Applications on JDNet and the Bookstore application will accept orders.
- Q: I'm having problems logging in as a Customer on my first visit. How do I log in properly?
A: Customers will use a Username and password of their choice. First time users will automatically go to the Bookstore Registration screen. Once initial registration has been performed, the Bookstore application will accept orders.
- Q: How do I update my account information, such as my email address or dealer account number?
A: To update you account information, you will first need to log in. After logging in, click on Account from the top menu to access your account information. You can edit your account information at any time, however, you do not need to if shipping to a different address. The shipping and billing addresses can be changed during the checkout process.
Searching / Finding Products
- Q: How do I find a product?
A: There are several methods that can be used to search for products that fall into two general categories; KEYWORD search or CATEGORY search.
- KEYWORD SEARCH: If you know the model or part number, or have a keyword, use the KEYWORD search at the upper, left of the screen. Click on the product DIVISION dropdown menu to choose the appropriate division and then click on the LANGUAGE dropdown menu to choose the desired language. Enter the model number, part number, or keyword in the KEYWORD field and click the arrow button. You will receive a results listing of all products available for the keyword search. The exact model number is recommended when using the keyword search.
- CATEGORY SEARCH: If you do not know the exact model or part number, use the SEARCH BY CATEGORY feature located under the keyword search. Click on the appropriate division and you will be presented with a series of four sub-topics: Model, Manual Type, Product Line, and Language. Mousing-over any sub-topic will present a menu of options to further refine the search. Choosing an option will narrow down your search results for a particular product.
- Q: What happens if the product I’m search for is not available?
A: If you can't find the product you are searching for, go to the Help System and click Product Searching. From there, select the appropriate Topic and follow the questions and instructions on the screen. We will try to answer your question within 24 hours.
- Q: How can I view the contents and/or any additional information about a manual or product before placing an order?
A: After a search is performed, click on the part number of a product to view any additional information. The complete model information, a preview of the document, and the pricing and format options will display. Click on the document’s preview image to view additional pages.
- Q: What is Order Confirmation?
A: Order confirmation will be sent to you by email to acknowledge receipt of your order. Deere & Company assumes no responsibility for network or customer computer problems that may cause an order or credit card confirmation email to not reach the customer. If we receive any indication that email notification was unsuccessful, we will attempt to contact you at the telephone number you provide. You can also verify the confirmation of the order by accessing your order history.
- Q: How do I cancel an order?
A: Unfortunately submitted orders can not be canceled. This site automatically processes an order the moment it is placed. Since each order is produced on a custom per order basis, once you have confirmed a purchase by clicking Finish! button, you cannot cancel the order.
- Q: Where can I view the items I've selected to order?
A: After an item has been added to your shopping cart, click Shopping Cart from the top menu. You can update or remove items in the shopping cart at any time before you submit an order.
- Q: How can I find the status of my order?
A: To find the status of an order or to view your order history, click on Orders from the top menu. To view more details about an order, click on the order number. To view the shipping status, click on the tracking number to go directly to the shipper’s status site.
- Q: How do I check all orders from my dealership?
A: To view the status of each order and/or the order history for your dealership, log in onto the bookstore and click on Orders from the top menu. Next, locate and click on the Dealer Order Status link and enter your 6-digit dealer number. Orders for the entire dealership will then display.
- Q: When will my order be shipped?
A: Valid orders received before 1:00 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays), will usually be in transit within 4 business days. Actual shipping time en-route will depend upon the shipping mode you select.
Q: How can I order a PDF of a specific document? Does that entitle me to order other specific documents free of charge?
- For “Machine Down” situations after 1:00 pm Central Time, call 1-866-213-3373 in the United States, and ask for John Deere Bookstore help to expedite your order. We will do everything possible to support dealers with immediate needs.
- Orders placed after 1:00 p.m. Central Time on Friday will not be processed before the following Monday (excluding holidays).
A: You can order any specific publication as a PDF electronic download. Additional PDF documents can be ordered but you will be charged for each one.
Downloads / Electronic Files / Library
- Q: After I purchase a download, how do I access it?
A: Download links for each of the products ordered will appear in your Library. The download links are active for only 72 hours from the time of purchase. If you do not download the file within the 72 hour period, your payment can not be refunded. Downloaded products can be viewed and printed online using Adobe® Acrobat® Reader. Save the file to an appropriate directory on your computer’s hard drive.
- Q: What is the Library?
A: The Library is an area to access your purchased subscriptions or download orders. For authorized John Deere Dealers, Installation Instructions for dealer-installed field kits are available in your Library.
Products / Services
- Q: What products and services do you carry?
A: Our document types and media formats are:
Q: How can I order every technical document for a specific product?
- Operation, Service and Parts manuals are available up to the current models and model year. Some documents may provide supplementary administrative and technical information. They are either available on an individual basis or you can order all of the technical documents as a set. Both the sets, and the components of the set are identified on the bookstore.
- Some technical documentation for some models may not be available at this time. Check back frequently for new information; more than 20 new products are added every day!
- Wiring diagrams and animations are available for select models. Wiring diagrams are available in a PDF format (requires Acrobat Reader). Most animations are GIF files that can be opened in your browser or are equipped with a built-in viewer.
- Most products are available electronically as PDF for online viewing, or can be ordered as physical products shipped as paper manuals or electronic files on CD or DVD.
- Paper manuals are printed on-demand from PDF files using high-speed digital printing equipment. One-off on-demand manuals are different from traditional printed manuals. Some information may be scaled to fit the paper size and a variety of binding methods may be used depending on the number of pages in the manual.
- Electrical System Schematics are available for select models as a PDF download.
A: You can order all technical information available for a specific model (such as EX200LC Excavators) or division by using the Subscription Store for online viewing only. The Subscription Store is located in the Services area. After you buy a subscription, products can be accessed in the Library area and your subscription will be automatically updated with new information as it becomes available for the period of time you have selected.SUBSCRIPTION ORDERS ARE ONLY OFFERED TO AUTHORIZED JOHN DEERE DEALERS.
Q: What is the difference between subscribing to and purchasing a product or service?
A: When you subscribe to a service you obtain the right to access a product or service for the specified period of time for online viewing. A subscription may entitle you to all of the material available for several different model/year combinations. If you buy a subscription, your subscription will be automatically updated with new information as it becomes available for the period of time you have selected. The link for a subscription becomes active as soon as you submit the order and can be accessed in the Library area. SUBSCRIPTION ORDERS ARE ONLY OFFERED TO AUTHORIZED JOHN DEERE DEALERS. After you purchase a download for a particular product, you can access the file by going to the Library area. The download link(s) is active for only 72 hours from the time of purchase. If you do not download the file within the 72 hour period, your payment can not be refunded.
Q: What is the Disc Wizard?
A: The Disc Wizard allows you to customize your CD or DVD order. To customize an order, click on the up and down arrows to move products around from each disc. If multiple quantities of the same part number are ordered, the Disc Wizard will automatically create separate discs for each.
Q: What information is included in a Repair Manual and an Operation and Test Manual?
A: Repair Manuals tell how to repair a machine or a component. Operation and Test manuals help to identify the majority of routine failures quickly.
For each of the manuals, information is organized in groups for the various components requiring service instructions. At the beginning of each group are summary listings of all applicable essential tools, service equipment and tools, other materials needed to do the job, service parts kits, specifications, wear tolerances, and torque values.
Operation and Test Manuals include the following information:
- Theory of Operation
- Wiring Diagrams/Harness Drawings
- Component Locations
- Test and Adjustments
- Testing/Diagnostic Special Tools
Repair Manuals include the following information:
- Component Removal and Installation Instructions
- Component Disassemble and Assemble Instructions
- Any information necessary to rebuild components
- Rebuild Special Tools and Dealer Fabricated Tools
Q: Some products have a print format option of “POD”. What does POD mean?
A: Products, such as Test Manuals, were originally created with color and / or foldout pages. Although color reveals information better, it is more expensive to produce.
If “POD” is selected as the print format option:
- Colored diagrams and /or illustrations will be converted to black and white patterns, and the 2 / 3 panel foldout pages will be “chopped” to fit on an 8.5”x11” page. Extra pages and page numbering will be added as needed.
- Black & White 2 panel foldouts will be reduced and rotated to fit on an 8.5”x11” page, and, the 3 panel foldout pages are “chopped” to fit on an 8.5”x11” page.
If “Standard” is selected as the print format option:
- Colored diagrams and/or illustrations will print in color and both 2 and 3 panel foldouts are printed on 11”x17” pages.
- Black & White document pages are printed on 8.5”x11” and/or 11”x17”.
Depending on the number of pages in the document, the binding may be side-stitched, wrap-around cover, or a ring binder. Animations are not available in printed format.
Cancel, Return, or Exchange an order
- Q: Can I return my product?
A: Only if the product shipped is incorrect due to an error by Johndeeretechinfo.com. Unused, physically shipped incorrect products (not downloads or subscriptions) may be returned within 30 Days from date of shipment, for replacement only. We DO NOT accept used materials.
- No returns on electronic products (downloaded documents, CD / DVD products, and video products).
- Defective CD / DVD electronic products may be returned for replacement only. Requests for substitution cannot be honored.
NOTE: BEFORE YOU RETURN ANY MATERIAL YOU MUST EMAIL FOR A RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER (RAN) AS FOLLOWS:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reason for the return and the order number. Upon verification, a RAN will be emailed to you. Write the RAN on the OUTSIDE of the package. Authorized returns can be shipped UPS Collect.
Help / Comments / Feedback
- Q: What is the online Help System?
A: The online Help System is designed for you to obtain help with questions that you may have about the John Deere Bookstore. This Help System maintains a record of all communications about your request making it no longer necessary to communicate by email. To enter your question or request, click on the appropriate Group and then Topic link and follow the instructions on the screen. To review past issues or questions, go to your Archived Requests. All screens in the online Help System are only available in the English language; all communications using the online help system will be in the English language only. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Q: Can I call for help?
A: From time to time, you may need to contact us with ordering or website technical issues. Our support team will be glad to help answer your questions. We are available Monday - Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm Central Time at 1-866-213-3373. If you prefer not to call, you can go to the Help System area to start an online discussion.
- Q: How can I ask a question that's not answered here?
A: You can use the online Help System for any questions that you may have. We will try to answer your question within 24 hours. Your comments can also be entered through the Help System.
- Q: I have been having trouble getting my equipment repaired. I've taken it to three different shops. Can you help?
A: We are sympathetic to your situation; however, this is only a bookstore. We are not a technical hotline or a customer service center, and we have no special expertise to help in either area. When we receive a technical question such as yours, we suggest that you to contact a qualified John Deere dealer for advice, diagnostics, or repair. If your dealer is unable to help you, send a message to the John Deere Construction & Forestry division help center.
We hope this is sufficient. If you can think of any other way in which we at the bookstore can be of help, please let us know by using the Feedback form located on the Help System.
- Q: What kind of payment options do you allow?
A: Allowable payment types are dependant on the Customer Type:
Q: When is payment due?
- Customers – Mastercard or Visa credit cards only.
- Dealers – Direct billing through your JD account, or Mastercard or Visa credit cards.
- JD Employees – Direct debit through your department account, or Mastercard or Visa credit cards.
A: Payment must be made at the time of order since most products are made to order. The customer must provide valid MasterCard or Visa credit account information or account information. That information will be validated before an order is fulfilled. Johndeeretechinfo.com will attempt to notify a customer by e-mail if their credit card transaction cannot be successfully validated, and the customer order will be cancelled. All payments in U.S. dollars only. Prices are subject to change without notice and without incurring obligation.
Q: How come my credit card / monthly statement price is different from the price calculated by the Currency Converter?
A: The John Deere Technical Information Bookstore uses US Dollars for all transactions. The Currency Converter uses up-to-the-moment exchange rate information which may not be exactly the same as what you are charged. If you used a credit card for your transaction, please call your credit card provider to determine how the exchange rate is applied. If you get invoiced through John Deere, the JD Monthly exchange rate will be used in the final price.
- Q: I received an Error Message on the screen. What should I do?
A: If you can reproduce the problem, send the Error Message text through the online Help System. We will then pass the information on to our webmaster who can try to determine the cause of your problem.
- Q: What software do I need?
A: Refer to our minimum recommended hardware and software requirements.
- Q: What software do I need to view the PDF files?
A: Most technical documents are available for purchase as online viewable or downloadable Adobe Acrobat (*.pdf) files. Downloaded documents can be viewed and printed using Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher. Adobe® Systems, Inc. makes Acrobat Reader available as a free download from their website. If you do not have Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher, you can download it at http://www.adobe.com.
About Recorded DVDs
The John Deere Technical Information Bookstore provides DVD-R data discs only. Here are some things you should know about data DVDs:
- A data DVD is used for data storage only and cannot be played on your home DVD player.
- There are other types of DVDs, including DVD+R, DVD+RW, and DVD-RAM. Be sure to check your computer DVD player to see if it supports DVD-R.
- Most computer DVD drives manufactured in the past 3 years should have no problems reading DVD-R discs.
NOTE: The various types of DVDs are not completely compatible with each other, and your DVD-ROM drive may or may not be able to read a specific format. Please check with your DVD manufacturer to find out which kinds of recordable discs can be read by your drive. Recordable discs have different reflectivity than pressed discs (the pre-recorded kind you buy in a store), and not all players have been correctly designed to read them. Approximately 85% of DVD-R discs work in existing drives. SINCE ALL DVDs ARE PRODUCED ON A CUSTOM PER ORDER BASIS, AND ARE VERIFIED AFTER RECORDING, THEY CAN NOT BE RETURNED FOR REFUND.